Dec 8, 2019
069: The Weight of Entrepreneurship
WITH BRENDA THOMPSON
On the podcast today is Brenda Thompson, owner and lead
designer at HouseLift Design. She is a designer in the Metro
Atlanta area and started it as a second career after 20 years
working in corporate. Brenda and I are going to talk about three
main topics today: transitioning from corporate to being an
entrepreneur, how she scaled her business and realized she could
not do everything, and creating a work/life
Brenda is open and transparent about her journey and
that makes it such a great discussion. My bet is that each person
listening will find some area of the conversation that
resonates with their own journey. I know I saw many parallels with
Thoughts from Brenda:
- I’ve always cared about profitability.
- I didn’t expect the “weight” of running your own business.
- I am always thinking about the business.
- I just wanted to have the freedom to do my own thing. Happiness
- A support system is so needed when you venture out to start a
- I knew there was going to be a time period that I was going to
work a lot.
- Anytime someone called me, I wanted to say yes….But it started
to drive me crazy.
- I was letting the business run me instead of me running my
- My sanity and the flow was worth more than having that extra
- When I didn’t have an outlet, I felt lonely.
- Website: https://www.houseliftdesign.com
- Facebook: House Lift Design
- Instagram: @houseliftdesign
References and Resources: